Being an entrepreneur is amazing, but it definitely comes with a lot of responsibility, which usually translates to a pretty crazy, busy schedule. You’re being pulled in so many different directions and with so much focus on your business, it’s easy to forget to take time for yourself. But this is a HUGE mistake! Your physical and mental health should be a top priority. Think about it, if you are functioning at top level, how much easier will it be to make sure that your business is too? As an entrepreneur, YOU are the business. Without you, there is no business. Make some time for yourself to keep you healthy, happy and focused. Use these tips to help make fitness a priority in your life–even with a hectic schedule.
- Schedule your workout like you would any other meeting or important event. If it’s not scheduled it probably won’t happen. Your workout should be scheduled just like anything else in your busy schedule. You schedule important meetings, calls & events right? Do the same with your workouts! Make it a priority. Plan it out ahead of time, schedule it and then stick to it!
- Use quick, effective workouts. Have some quick, effective workouts on hand to use if you’re ever in a time crunch. These are workouts that can quickly be done anywhere. If you’re looking for some great, quick workouts that you can do anywhere, be sure to download my free week of workouts here.
- Use any spare time you have to get in some movement. Just because you’re short on time doesn’t mean that you can’t get in a great workout. Don’t get into the mindset that a short workout won’t make any difference. A short workout is better than no workout. Use the time you have to get moving-even if it’s only 5 minutes!
- Take breaks to get up and move.As an entrepreneur, you most likely spend a lot of time sitting in front of your computer. It’s easy to get caught up in your work and forget to take breaks. Take breaks to get up and move. It will help break up the sitting (too much sitting=horrible for the body) and increase your productivity–Double win! 🙂
- Stay hydrated. This is an easy one that makes a huge difference! Be conscious of your water intake throughout the day and make sure you’re staying well hydrated. Not sure how much to drink? An easy rule of thumb, you should be drinking between half an ounce to one ounce of water for every pound of body weight. This might seem like a lot but remember that things other than plain ole’ water count towards this number too. Many foods have a high water content, as well as teas and other water based beverages.
- Plan ahead with some healthy snacks.Take a couple minutes the night before or first thing in the morning to gather some healthy snack options before you get started on work. That way once hunger strikes, you have some healthy options already ready to go!
Take time for yourself and make your health a priority! You’ll feel better and your business will benefit too!